KEMENTERIAN PELAJARAN MALAYSIA
Guidelines for the Implementation of Additional Mathematics Project Work 2012
( Student’s Edition )
1. Every student taking Additional Mathematics is required to carry out a project work in Form 5.
2. The aims of carrying out project work are:
i. to apply and adapt a variety of problem- solving strategies to solve problems;
ii. to improve thinking skills;
iii. to promote effective mathematical communication;
iv. to develop mathematical knowledge through problem solving in a way that increases students’ interest and confidence;
v. to use the language of mathematics to express mathematical ideas precisely;
vi. to provide learning environment that stimulates and enhances effective learning;
vii. to develop positive attitude towards mathematics.
3. Project work can be done in groups or individually but each student is expected to submit an individually written report which includes the following:
· Report Presentation
- General Aspect
· Task Specification
- Specify the task
- Making and proving conjectures
· Problem Solving
4. Students are given three weeks to carry out the project. Written report must be submitted by the end of the third week.